Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Playtime - ep 22 (Frog Went a-Courting)

 

Ep 22 At the Cinema has been aired last Saturday. In there was an animated movie called "The Frog" with a very catching tune. I previously couldn't find the title on either Wikipedia and Google. The plot is about a frog who wants to marry a mouse. There's also uncle Rat and a narrator, a singing rabbit as bard with a lute.

I was sure that this must be a very old, famous British folk song / ballad / bard song. I briefly searched on Wikipedia for bard music and searched on Google for a line of the lyrics (The frog would like to marry me, he offer). And I searched on Google for a song with aha at the end. No results on Google.

With some terms of the plot (bridal show, frog, mouse) I first found a video of a lady singing from the 1955 book. 

The song is a 1600s song (1549) with many versions. The book also has the musical notes. And it's not aha at the end but h'm - h'm.

Series Playtime has except the host no live-action but animation and puppetry. But I think it's quite good for learning English (aimed at young kids).

Main entry of the series

https://schulfernsehenenglischhistory.blogspot.com/2021/07/playtime.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape Games Anglais

  Year published/aired: 2021 ? Year produced/ filmed : # of episodes:   ~6 units each Grade : A1-A2, 3e-5e  Genres: adventure Sub-subject...